Thursday, 2 January 2025

WE WILL GO STANDING UP

 

 

WE WILL GO STANDING UP

 

 Konstantinos Konstantinidis Amphiktyon poet

 

 I honestly did not expect such a thing as the new year I was reflecting on the coming in the famine and the Occupation when I was that I would still be alive in 2025 if someone wished me such a thing I would tell him "my friend, you are a fool at that time I completely ruled it out a thousand percent most nights I slept hungry life expectancy one day was enough when I fainted from hunger and I longed for bread A child then 14 years old a provincial boy in Athens orphaned by a father in the midst of famine cheaply in Syntagma I saved from the Gestapo when from the guardrail of the German tram sitting with a balaclava I jumped down as the German soldier was ready to kill me he obviously mistook me for some saboteur servant This choice was automatic my fall to earth saved I would definitely be killed by a German bullet if I resisted the Gestapo the coward A bunch of broken bones on the curb on the sidewalk of the Unknown Soldier piled up the German Nazis with guns drawn were searching my bag I had nothing hidden if they killed me then it would be better for me the pains were horrible help from anyone then I fell asleep a couple of hours later the food had spilled, what the hell am I going to tell my mother? For my generation, neither God, nor ally, no care we lived in triple slavery (German, Italian, Bulgarian) in our enslaved homeland, lost youth, I didn't play on the field, I didn't go medicines and hospitals then in non-existence ambulance not even for... jokes only the Municipality's hearse drove to the cemeteries I limped and barely bled home as soon as my mother saw me, she crucified how did you end up like this, my child? What happened to you? I jumped from a German tram, mother, when the German with the pistol intervened..... Time is the best doctor, everything is fixed the Occupation ate children and made us wild no one has defeated us since then Clothus and Lachesis often create bad scenarios for me with "Singapore Airlines" alive this time they wanted to burn me click, mute bird in the engine, fire-lamp, from the turbine chimney the aircraft took a horizontal position The fuel discharge and landing process took an hour my good Atropos smoothly landed us in Athens The third time when lightning struck us during landing in Vienna, in the storm the plane dangerously descended That was the time when hijacking was active with the "Big bang" its hull shook and we all feared for our lives and its existence fortunately the small boat was damaged finally it landed safely in the storm with the lamp on its wing burnt I also escaped from falling from a fig tree my breath was taken away for a few minutes like a slaughtered rooster I jumped to retrieve it and it saved me a lot from a traffic accident finally I was destined to live And in Ai-Sabva I escaped the blockade when the Germans burned Ai-Giorgis (Aigaleo) without any reason they locked our passengers in the church only three were kept as a sacrifice to Moloch our lives had no value Without doctors, without medicine, without hospitals Moving skeletons in the microbes we had immunity Lice and scabies plagued us and malaria We ate rotten and spoiled food Legumes with worms and worms Water with leeches and bacteria infected Barefoot in the streets with nails scattered Until the end we fight desperately We serve the homeland faithfully without asking for accruals We work selflessly and no one asks for praise, We will receive thanks from the people someday We covered our educational deficiencies We educated our children and lived decently We never stepped on the courts We respected moral values And we honored our ancestral gods And we wrote books And do this and do not leave the other Let's prevent everything before the "apienai" Even and now we are very old and tired we watch technology with bated breath to see our homeland liberated and great before we go to the next life We will leave standing Cleomenes (2/1/25) WISHING YOU A LONG AND HEALTHY LIFE * Amphictyon, Major General, former Konstantinos Konstantinidis Writer, Member of the Society of Greek Writers amphiktyon@gmail.com

 http://amphiktyon.blogspot.com/

http://amphiktyon.org

No comments:

Post a Comment