DID THE
STORE GO BANKRUPT?
Konstantinos
Konstantinidis – Amphiktyon writes
The store
went bankrupt
and the
shelves were left,
and the
deserted old man Thomas
goes
barefoot to the thorns.
He
scattered his wealth
and now he
has a few things.
He, like a
Texan cowboy,
doesn't
give up•
he grabbed
his gun,
and goes on
a robbery spree.
— How's the
store going, old man Thomas?
— It's
going badly, he answers me.
The loans
ate me up.
Money has
become expensive,
I can't
print it.
The big
boss holds it,
he gives me
orders•
I try to
collect it,
but the
debt tightens me like a noose.
And it
hurts me
The yellow
man in the East,
the bear
hunter in the North,
millions of
third-worlders are coming in…
The way
we're going, the shop
will soon
close.
The only
thing I have that's terrible:
Grandpa's
gun, the cowboy.
He settles
every dispute in a minute
and doesn't
give a bill.
And the
cowboy's grace•
took root
in the family.
His ranch
grew,
with his
gun he enslaved people,
and with
his ingenuity
and hard
work,
Uncle
Thomas's shop
became the
first in all of humanity:
in quantity
and quality,
but he
never forgot aggression.
But lately
times have changed.
From being
the market leader and world leader,
the store
began to decline.
"Listen,
friend, if you don't steal, you won't get rich."
Like a
pauper, my friends also disappeared.
Now an idea
torments me:
to try once
more
the cowboy
behavior,
with the
strongest army in the world.
Since I
can't hurt them otherwise,
such as
financially,
I'll bore
them to death — and wherever I go.
First the
weak:
thunderous
blows.
Most will
be afraid
as if they
were tired of guns.
With
robbery, I will enrich the store
and from
the profit of submission.
My
great-grandfather had said:
"Divide
and conquer."
I will sow
weeds in the earth,
at the same
time
I will
shout "peace" with the funnel.
I will hit
them
and they
will think
that they
are hitting each other,
until their
armies start a war.
Then I will
crush them,
even with
my nuclear weapons.
The first
blow — my advantage.
They, you
fools,
may fire a
few shots•
but I will
have done them the damage
We will
also reduce the population! .
— Bravo,
Uncle Thomas.
You arrange
everything without the innkeeper.
You of the
many are now a target.
Everyone
now knows your plans.
Your
cunning will not pass.
It looks
like Hitler's recipe
You must
have copied it
In the
West, these things don't work.
They, Uncle
Thomas,
are holding
you back with the bonds.
And you're
going to wipe them out?
Have you
gone crazy, like "Thersites"?
Now you're
burning down your own house.
They'll hit
you in the heart
and you'll
kill your children.
The worst
evil: division.
In American
democracy
fascism
doesn't work.
In
democratic values, its strength
and in the
unity of the West, its power.
The
American Republic will once again do great things
The
American people will once again dominate
Like the
front engine of the West
It will be
freed from its debts and with the dollar it will prevail
It will
modernize and continue in its destiny (25/1/26)
Amphiktyon – Major General (retd) Konstantinos Konstantinidis
Author, Member of the Society of Greek Writers
http://www.amphiktyon.blogspot.com
AMPHIKTYON ARTICLES & BOOKS-POEMS
AMPHIKTYON.BLOGSPOT.COM (English language)
ANCIENT
OLYMPICS-ATHLETICS
No comments:
Post a Comment