Meet
Chat

Hangouts
More
1 of 5



![]() ![]() Fw: Things I pulled from the Trash;
Subject: Fw: Things I pulled from the Trash; Subject: Things I pulled from the Trash; Younger generation could learn from this; It`s hard to believe people just throw things away that actually have value; A 1984 T-Bird "work car" for $375. Had problems, but I kept it Alive and running well for 8 more years. A nice comfy car; I have an excess of good lawn mowers because people just throw them away! [Extra good engines too.] Tools! Amazing what I find half buried in the dirt or in the dumpster; 2 Hand saws; Rust cleaned off, sharpened and new handles installed. Old Black&Decker 3/8`s Drill - running again. Numerous Rusty or broken tools brought back to life; God! They made stuff in the old days well! G Throw - away Union Pacific ladder. Got all new steps & one new upright Extensive repairs and new parts.Finally Running again! Saved. New handles made; Wheelbarrows got new handles made and old concrete ground out of the tubs; These are dangerous! They were going to throw it away because the safety shields were missing! A nice running 8" industrial grinder. I made parts for it and a mounting base. Saved it; More examples; Little Compressor [below] started out in a trash Dumpster at work. I saved the tank and engine, the rest had to be bought or welded up - made. Hot Rod Engine started out as a junk - throw away `51 Ford engine - no cost. But really got the "Hot Rod" treatment! Speed `O Motive racing Crankshaft assembly & Pistons, Isky Full-Race cam, etc. [1970]. `76 GMC truck was a derelict. Not running, no brakes, cracked head, cargo bed unsalvagable. Towed it home. Traded $300. and a toolbox set for it. Now restored. I drive it now. Spare 1980 Chevy 350 V8; [orange] Gradually fixed all the problems it had; Last photos; Even more economy 305 V8 spare [throw away] engines repaired, saved.- Now running well again. 6 Attachments
| |||||||||||||||
No comments:
Post a Comment