Compose
More
3 of 3



![]() ![]() Planned Obsolescence! Your Auto;Inbox
WOW! I really noticed it in that `96 Pontiac Trans Am I took apart to get the piston assembles for another engine. The PLASTIC PARTS CRUMBLED to scrap easily! Fuel Injection stuff too. You people that go so far in debt on newer vehicles - down the road, you`re in trouble! I`ll show you an earlier example below; Even a 1984 Chevy V8 has computerized ignition and carburetor and smog controls. Eventually, repair costs get too high unless you know how to beat their system. Thousands of these were scrapped out early. But if you know how to switch out the computerized parts for non-computerized, the engine will keep running a long time. I saved two of these engines for my truck by that conversion, and changing a few things to fit the truck installation. This one got the Trans Am piston-rod assemblies. Test run, and is good. Main [non-computerized] parts replaced to make it "alive" again; But the later model you get, the worse the obsolescence problem is. non-computerized parts; Attachments area
| |||||||||||||
No comments:
Post a Comment