Remove Ads
Η συνομιλία άνοιξε. 1 μη αναγνωσμένο μήνυμα.
Meet
Hangouts

Hangouts
![]() ![]() Fw: I got lucky;Εισερχόμενα
----- Forwarded Message ----- From: Cranford <cranford19@frontier.com> To: Joseph Clancy <josephclancy47@gmail.com> Sent: Thursday, April 7, 2022, 07:12:27 PM PDT Subject: I got lucky; I usually am with engines. A "Hot Rodder" from the old days - since high school. Modern Chevy engines are easier than old antique Ford Flatheads when all the crap is stripped off. It started out as a non-running smog motor - a junker. It took some time to repair this engine. I didn`t have the pistons and rods right away. Had to buy a new ignition distributor. Smog controls were removed, computerized carburetor replaced with older non-computerized unit. New starter installed. Converted to manual choke. This brought it back to life. It even ran good with those broken piston skirts, so I knew it was worth saving. I could tell when I tested it, it was "sporty" - revved up quick, acted like it had higher compression, but pistons were the same size. Unless these piston rings are sealing real good, and carburetor working perfect - exhaust pipe indicates that. A Chevy Caprice sedan engine is now in my pickup truck. [below;] [2 Caprice Sedans are junked out - crushed;] I have two of these 305 V8`s repaired - modified; And even the transmissions, if I need them. But now that things are adjusted and the truck test driven, I`m happy with the performance - acts like an older Corvette 327 engine! So the completed project is a success. 2 συνημμένα
| |||||||||||||
No comments:
Post a Comment