----- Original Message -----
From: Len Cranford
To: apopeeso@comcast.net ; pyrigenes
; Chris
D.
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2015 10:27 AM
Subject: It`s Our Fault;
It's Our Fault http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=230262
http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=230263


That's right.
It's not a failure of leadership, a failure to persuade, even a failure to find facts that can be presented.
No, none of that. It's simply our fault that Obama (by his own view!) has failed.
“When
I ran in 2008, I in fact did not say I would fix it. I said we could fix it,”
Obama said, according to The Washington Post. “I didn’t say, ‘Yes, I can.’ I
said, ‘Yes, we can.'”
In
other words, it’s the American people’s fault. Of course.
I see this differently, of course.
Yes, "we can" means just that -- we. It means someone leads through example and clear demonstration of superior ideas. We've seen none of that: Not domestically, not internationally, not in health care (which I remind you was passed entirely without opposition by Republicans as they couldn't block it) and not in environmental policy.
Instead of costs coming down in the medical field, for example, they've gone up. Instead of insurance becoming very cheap to the point of being unnecessary and the corrupt practices (like raw violations of consumer protection statutes) being investigated and charged as the crimes they appear to be, we instead have punished the ordinary consumer with even less control over their health outcomes. Instead of jailing bankers who admitted to corrupt practices they were handslapped and all of those firms remain not only in business but in the same lines of business. The people of Jefferson County Alabama, for example, still are going to be paying off corruptly-issued loans billed to them -- and that's not supposition either as some of the government people involved did go to jail -- but not one banker joined them.
We have done exactly nothing to right the ship and put a stop to drilling holes in her hull below the waterline; to the contrary, Obama wants authority to drill more and bigger holes via the TPP! At the same time he wants you to give up the ability to stop criminal thugs from assaulting you.
I find it rather suspicious that a man who refuses to put a stop to the outrageous assaults in the consumer space, including most-particularly those in the trade and medical realms, at the same time demands that you simply accede to these assaults -- while if you do any of those things in your daily life you go straight to prison.
That doesn't sound like the country I was taught we lived in, nor the one that I find described in The Constitution.
But it does sound like a nation that is very friendly to a whole bunch of thugs that get "theirs" by robbing everyone else, and there is an awfully-thin line between common assault by a masked man and the forms in which this robbery takes place today.
It's all our fault eh? Whatever you say Mr. President.....


No comments:
Post a Comment